Only for you, Mel!
1) Once, I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
1) My earliest memory is a bath game I played with my mother, where she would pour water down my back, but if it went down my front she'd make an "oops!" face and we'd laugh and laugh.
2) I didn't get glasses until I was 12. I squinted at everything while I was growing up, and actual corrective lenses were a revelation.
3) My father used to say "Eaters don't wear glasses!" He always said it in a joking way, but see 2).
4) I hate the movie THE FIFTH ELEMENT and I find DOCTOR ZHIVAGO a crashing bore.
5) As a kid, I loved Roger Zelazny's books. Loved them. He's one of the few authors that I've made an effort to read his every published word, and I believe I've succeeded.
6) I refuse to reread Zelazny's work because I don't want to ruin the memory of those adolescent pleasures.
7) As a kid, I once saw a cartoon about a boy on a robot planet who uses his water pistol to make the robots fall apart. The planet had no water at all, you see, and the robots collapsed into blocks upon exposure. During the final attack, giant water balloons w/ scary clown faces inflated in the robot ranks and sprayed water all over them. I've tried to find that movie again many times over the years, but I've never been able to.
8) Remember how Proust smelled a cookie and remembered his whole life? Well, when I smell a certain kind of BBQ sauce, I remember that episode of Ultra-Man where he squirts water from between his thumb and index finger to put out an oil refinery fire. Man! Me and Marcel Proust are practically twins.
9) I was practically crippled with shyness as a kid. Being a complete nerd didn't help any.
10) The only long-term career plan I have (aside from writing and selling novels) is to get my Masters of Information and Library Science. It may never happen for a host of reasons, but there you are.
No tag, though. I don't tag. If you would like to post this meme, do it and enjoy.