1. The plugin I was using to sell Twenty Palaces directly from my website wasn’t working correctly, so I’ve switched to something else. This new thing is quite complicated, almost like getting an iPhone just so you can tell the time, but I hope soon to have more fiction to sell from my site, so here it is.
The only problem is that I can’t make the PayPal Sandbox work so I can’t test drive the whole thing first. It’s annoying, but if someone wants to buy Twenty Palaces through the site, would you let me know how it goes? I assume I’ll hear from people who have problems, but… you know. It’d be nice to be sure all this works. (Added later: It doesn’t.)
2. Can I mention again how good it was to work with George Cotronis? When I was first looking for a cover artist, I asked a whole lot of people which I should choose, George or [other guy]?
Maybe 80% recommended [other guy]. They didn’t like George’s website, or his stuff was too dark, or it was just not to their taste.
And I understood what they were saying. But I went with him anyway. See, [other guy]‘s stuff was really good–very polished–but George’s work was idiosyncratic. It was odd in a way I found appealing, even though I generally don’t like horror illustration. And I’m really happy with the result. I think he did a great job.
3. I have the first eight(ish) chapters of A Blessing of Monsters ready to send to my agent. My wife is reading them first to catch anything deeply stupid (not that… ahem… there’s anything… oh hell). She’s not what you’d call a fan of epic fantasy, but she’s giving it a go anyway.
4. And having the new book is helping me deal with self-publishing Twenty Palaces. I can’t say I’m pleased to be releasing it this way. Yeah, I’m glad readers who love the series get this story, too, but it also makes me mourn a bit more.
Which is why it’s good to have something fun and cool to work on.
5. If I can get decent cover art together, I’m going to add short fiction to my online bookstore. Assuming the bookstore is any good.
6. And yes, I’m up late. My son is having a bit of trouble getting to sleep.
Mirrored from Twenty Palaces. You can comment here or there.